Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Chateau de Chenonceau


Chateau de Chenonceau is what drew me to the Loire Valley in the first place. Fourteen years ago, when I came to France with Jeanette, I had seen a poster of this castle in the tourist office. I was completely wowed! I loved how the castle was built over the river (Cher).


Unfortunately, we never made it to the chateau that year. I kept trying to make it my destination every time we visited France in the few years we've been here, but it was a bit far away from Paris to try and do it in our short getaways from the children.


Finally, Rob and I agreed that I NEEDED to squeeze this in before we left. So, I finally made it...and now Rob needs to take out more life insurance for me..... because I've checked off yet another reason why I can officially die and go to heaven now.

No comments: