Thursday, March 06, 2008

Finished strong!

I love taking pictures of Sagwa...she is so beautiful! Over at http://www.dpchallenge.com/ this photo above did very well in one of the challenges "Color on Color." It placed #20 out of 184, which is a personal best! This website is full of a bunch of Simon Cowells, and it is extremely difficult to place in the top 10, let alone the top 3. So, I consider this a huge victory, that I won the hearts of many voters on this picture of Sagwa. And white is technically not even a color! We photo artists tend to think otherwise!
While this pretty picture (above) of Sagwa scored well, it didn't place as well as the other one. This one placed 58 out of 258 in the Pet Portrait Challenge.
Finally, this is an outtake...I didn't actually enter it in any challenge. It probably would have done well too....it's just so hard to figure out what the voters are going to love from one challenge to the next. It's a great place to hang out if you want to improve your photo skills! Check out http://www.dpchallenge.com/
If you do visit, be sure to check out my profile which is "tiggermo". You can see other challenges that I have entered and the comments that people make, both good and bad. I haven't been playing in a long time, until these recent challenges with the kitty.
All the pictures of Sagwa were taken with pure, natural window light.

No comments: