Saturday, January 31, 2009

Who's the GRAND PRIZE winner?

ME!!!!!
This is a first...give me a break for being so proud! My photograph will be published in the March/April issue of PCPhoto magazine, so please look for it! There will be a brief description on the photo as well! Most people ask about post-processing on this image. Well, suprisingly there was very little done to this image...this is really how the end of the day looked out on the Konza Prairie. The only thing I did was saturate the stormy sky with a bit more blue, so it wasn't so gray. But I did not intensify any elements of this image. This is as straight off the camera as it gets which is WHY I thought it fit the theme of the challenge so well... "This is My World."By the way, the Grand Prize winner had a choice of winning a camera or cash. I took the $1500 in cash! I'm saving up (slowly) for the Canon EOS- 1Ds MarkIII.

3 comments:

lil_jogger03 said...

That's awesome! CONGRATS!!!!!!

La Brisa Photography said...

congratulations! deservedly so for such a fantastic fantastic picture! I hope you order a big canvas wrap of it to put in your studio!!!

Gwen said...

Congratulations, Ali! Wow, almost three thousand entries and a grand prize award - very cool! (Glad to know my vote counted ;) )