Monday, June 01, 2009

I think I'm homesick....

I don't know why...but at this time of year, I really start to feel homesick for the place where I grew up. Don't get me wrong...I love being in Kansas, our home, our community... but right now San Diego is calling for me and there is not much I can do about it, but miss it. I think it's the stinking hot & humid weather here. It could also be the allergies from the cottonwood blowing around...I did not have allergies when I was in S.D. And it could be that I'm missing my childhood in the land of never ending gorgeous weather! I miss my pool...the beach... the friends... and all the fun jobs I used to have. Maybe I'm just extra sad, because my summer doesn't hold a trip home for me this year. If I do go....I'm crossing my fingers...it will be a very quick trip when my niece, Lindsay, has her baby! I guess, I'll sit and look forward to that.

Amy & Ali

Cliffs in Del Mar...summer of 2008

2 comments:

Larkin said...

Ali, sorry SD is calling and you can't go visit. Home sickness is one of the worst kinds. Hang in there.

Diane said...

I totally hear you Ali! I think the weather can really affect us and our moods -it's crazy but true. I feel like running away to ANYWHERE it's hot -it's been in the forties and fifties here and I can't even wear sandles! It bums me out when the weather isn't how it's supposed to be -according to MY internal clock -maybe it's the same with you a bit. One thing about this military lifestyle -wait long enough and it will change -it always does! Hang on and know you're not alone.