Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Beach... Somewhere...

This is my favorite shot from my most recent trip to my home beach of Del Mar, California.This is the view facing Dog Beach and the Solana Beach peninsula.
I've been walking this beach since I was a toddler. I remember back in the 1970s and the 1980s walking along with my family and/or grandparents who lived there in Del Mar. It's their home (and now my mother's) that I go home to every year. We'd spend a holiday with my "mama" and "granddaddy" and then after supper, we'd walk along and pick up rocks and seashells for their garden. Now, everytime I go back...I also collect the rocks to bring back for my garden and potted plants. Not the rocks in this picture! I pick up little black rocks mostly...of different shapes and sizes.
I could go on and on.... but as you can see... Del Mar is very close to my heart. I've been trying to capture the essence of its beaches through photography every chance I get!

3 comments:

Castellanos Family said...

Beautiful pic. I didn't know you grew up in Del Mar.

Gwen said...

Very nice.

Diane said...

LOVE this pic!! This one needs to be on YOUR wall! I love summertime and beach memories -those are some of my favorite times growing up -so I can totally relate! Thanks for sharing!!